Sunday, October 11, 2009

Need help washing black clothes (deodorant buildup and fading questions)?

I own ALOT of black clothes, and I usually just handwash them. But I hear there is a trick to keeping them dark such as using white vinegar. What kind of white vinegar should I use?(there are many different kinds in the supermarket). A few of my black clothes also have deodorant buildup in the armpit area, how do I remove this?(I heard baking soda, but wouldnt that bleach/stain black?) I know never to put them in the dryer, so I hang dry them. Also, should I use white vinegar with the detergent for dark clothes, or just one or the other, and which detergent do you recommend for black clothes?





SO..


1. What kind of detergent do you recommend for black clothes?


2. What kind of white vinegar should I use?


3. How do I remove deodorant buildup?

Need help washing black clothes (deodorant buildup and fading questions)?
I have never heard of using white vinegar, but vinegar is vinegar no matter what brand.


I use Rit Dye on my black clothes. It is the powder version, and it costs around $3, and will dye a full load of laundry. It does not discolor your washing machine or dryer, and is really easy to use. I had a bleach stain on one of my black shirts, and it was gone once I washed it with the dye.


Try it, like I said I spent $3, and made hundreds of dollars worth of clothes look brand new.
Reply:When washing black clothing the first thing to remember is that warm and hot water leach the dyes out of clothing about five times more than cold water so avoid washing in warm and hot. Use a dark colored detergent to also help keep putting dye into your clothing such as WIsk, ALL with stain lifter, Era or even Woolite for dark colors. As for the vinegar, it does help seal in colors and also multi-tasks even more by deodorizing, sanitizing and softening your laundry so use it in the rinse cycle at 1 cup. As for the brand of white vinegar, I buy the cheapest brand in whatever store I am in and that is usually Wal-Mart. I pay about $2.88 for 1 gallon and use it for lots of things. For your deodorant buildup, you can use your body wash or bar soap and a toothbrush. They are made to gently remove body oils and the junk we put on ourselves so as long as you don't scrub like a maniac, the deodorant will just come out with the soap and a bit of cold water.



loan

No comments:

Post a Comment

 


deodorant © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting