Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Is the Gilette Clinical Strength deodorant healthy for you?

I have a bad perspiration/body odor problem where I would constantly smell terrible even though I always put a lot of deodorant on. Lately I bought the new Gilette Clinical Strength, and it's awesome, I have barely broken a sweat and I haven't smelled at all since using it. The thing is, I don't know how healthy it is, because the instructions say to put it on at night due to your low sweat rate, and it makes "plugs" to make you not sweat. Is that really healthy? I mean you have to sweat to stay cooled, but if you're not sweating, wouldn't that be kind of harmful? I mean, nothing bad has happened yet, but I just wanted to make sure it was good to keep using.

Is the Gilette Clinical Strength deodorant healthy for you?
Just don't coat your body in it. You have enough skin surface area to sweat a healthy amount. Just pits and feet should be ok.





The reason why your armpits and other areas smell when they sweat is your sweat glands in those areas put out oil as well it is "yellow sweat" Bacteria produce strongly smelling compounds as a waste product when they "make a living" off that sweat.
Reply:It might be okay to use. (I don't know because I've never tried it.) You might want to go to a dermatologist though, they may be able to prescribe something to you. I saw a commercial on t.v. that said that something like 1 in 3 people think they sweat too much, but they really don't. I don't know, I'd go see a doctor or dermatologist.



myspace

1 comment:

  1. After using certain dri-antiperspirants, I became disliking the fact that it can clog up and preventing sweating and I don't want that. I try to stay away from any antiperspirants and deodorants that leaving bad smell behind, irritating too much or give me rashes.
    Since I have very bad underarm smell, I finally found one deodorant that really works for me.
    I have a terribly bad funky armpit odour, like cockroach smell, so I need deodorant. however not just any deodorant, because I don't want it to dry-up or clog up my skin or give me bad smell afterwards. I've been using UARMSOL deodorant for many years now and I have no more armpit odours. Even when I sweat I don't have any odours, this deodorant works great and I'm loving it. I can't go out in the day without putting it on. Even when I sweat my armpits don't have any smell. I applied 1 pinch and it's all to it for the whole day without worries about any smell afterwards. There's no after sport smell or odour masking. I would recommend it to anyone who has underarm odour.

    ReplyDelete

 


deodorant © 2008. Design by: Pocket Web Hosting